Wednesday, June 11, 2008

And the award goes to.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ McKenna!! Our oldest is officially out of grade school and on to high school. She got awards for everything from the 'Principal's Award' (for academic excellence and community responsibility) to outstanding artist. Some local and state stuff too. She got the brains from her mom. She got her Mom and Nana's good looks and her Uncle Bob's artistic talents. All she got from me was her singing voice, which is unfortunate. What we're most proud of is, how she really does her part to keep our home a joyful place.

4 comments:

- Rob said...

Congrats to Mckenna! That is one impressive stack of kudos!!!

Tina said...

Congrats Mckenna!

You know, though, they're just going to keep expecting you to be successful now - just ask Diana.

Eh, somehow I think you are more than up for the challenge :)

Good Job!

Unknown said...

Other then your singing voice, I think she got your can-do attitude and positive outlook on life.

flyingvan said...

I'll have to admit....Lee, and the other Steve V., were very patient with my singing attempts. They never blackballed me but did point out my lack of range, ear, talent...... yet somehow always made me feel like I had something to offer. What a gift to give. Mckenna is very gifted in quite a few directions---I think parents see that better than anyone, but kids want to hear it from other sources