Sunday, January 11, 2009

Busy busy busy


Last shift was my 'medic rotation', and we got slammed....My partner for the day is full time on the ambulance and said it was crazy busy....I was looking forward to getting back to my own station. As soon as I got off work it was home to help Annamarie set up for the Epiphany party, and the late night clean-up...So I showed up today, and we had to go do some cycles on the hoist to work out some bugs.....
We settled in for football but got a call to Cowles mountain to hoist a head injury victim off the trail. In the middle of that rescue someone fell off the cliffs at Torrey Pines Beach. Then it was off to Ramona for a girl thrown from a horse. I'm turning in early....

3 comments:

Tina said...

Was the Epiphany party fun? I've never been to one...

Get some sleep, Steve.

flyingvan said...

It was...It's a big tradition for my family, kind of the cap to the Christmas season. We put little readings about the actual Epiphany event in ballons, which the kids take turns popping/reading. Then white elephant gift exchange to get rid of the unwanted Christmas gifts (modified for the kids' version---no stealing)

keeka said...

wow, I thought I was busy. But I really am...not, actually. I am only working 3 days a week from 8:30-1:30 or 3:00, then home with the kids. The other two days of the week are for shopping, cleaning(the little I do), and for well...me! I also do a ladies text day at my church where we take scripture and pair it with a nice picture (usually taken from nice calendars and they are then mounted on colored press/poster board, laminated and then sent to missionaries all over the place. The missionaries end up giving them to the people learning bible verses as a reward. We have heard that sometimes these texts are the only decoration in the home/hut. Very satisfying!